Monday, February 17, 2020

Genre Is chosen

Portfolio Analysis.

Genre is chosen.

After days of brainstorming with my partner Luis, we finally concluded that the genre of thriller is one we are going for. For this project, we wanted to do something that we enjoy watching and from our own experience, we thought that thriller was the best way to go.
When it comes to the genre, thriller if often known for having numerous subcategories of genres. It's primary features root from giving a sense of excitement, anxiety, tension and suspense to audiences, it's basically media that "thrills" audiences and my partner and I are big fans of that sense and feeling when we are watching something. They generally keep audiences "at the edge of their seats".
Some of the best thriller films of all time made by Alfred Hitchcock such as Psycho(1960) and Frenzy (1972). As well as "Get Out" (2017). All of these films earned more than $10 million as their overall profit.
 


My teammates and I understand that our target audience for these kinds of films must be older than 18 years of age to fully understand and watch the film without consequently affecting the life of the audience in a negative way. This is due to the violent and disturbing content that might appear in these films that ould lead to psychological issues for the audiences.  In the graph below you are able to see great statistics about the target audiences that usually watch thriller films 36% of audiences being between the ages of 15-26.



No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

Well, I cannot believe I was actually able to make it all right. I am kind of sad that this extraordinary experience is really over! Here I ...