Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Filming Finally Done.

After many troubles regarding the dates and places as to where to film as well as the fact that Luis and I would have to be separated during this significant process in the project, we were finally able to pull through the filming day! It took about 2 hours to get everything in, and I was really surprised by the acting skills that my siblings were able to display in this situation. We did have a little trouble when it came to memorizing the lines of the script but after some practice and breaks to memorize the lines, they were able to pull through all right!

Some challenges we faced was when we were filming in different angles, we had to make sure that our movement and tone of voice completely matched with the first video we filmed. To overcome that we watched the first recording a couple of times s well as we managed to mark the exact places where the characters were all sitting.
Another challenge that was faced was the fact that I had to teach my father all the shots, angles, and skills my professor had taught us throughout the semester. I had to somehow simplify and give him a resumed version of all movements and angles I wanted to capture the scene in. I had to sit with him for around an hour for him to really understand and retain all the information I was giving him about the shots. It was one of the few times was I taught him something rather than the other way. I knew I had made him curious about media since it isn't just only about taping a few times and putting it all together, it's the angles, shots, movements, and, lighting that really put it all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

Well, I cannot believe I was actually able to make it all right. I am kind of sad that this extraordinary experience is really over! Here I ...